With pay day just a week away for most of us, there are autumn/winter wardrobe shops being planned as I type. To help complete your seasonal fashion wardrobe, here’s your guide to the key AW’19 fashion trends and of course, which bags to grab or throw over your shoulder to finish your look. With lots of fashion articles out there, listing at least 6, and up to 12 key trends, below is your cheat sheet to the looks and the accessories, and this season, the accessories are front and centre. Check out these 3 trends and 5 silhouettes:
- Florals – are staying with us but with muted colour backgrounds. Top tip: match your bag to the muted background of your floral dress
- Checks – but not just on one item of your outfit, multiple items please. How can we forget Chanel’s catwalk with Cara Delevingne sharing Karl Lagerfeld’s last curated show, against a backdrop of the winter chalet. Top tip: keep the bag on the shoulder, the crossbody bag isn’t anywhere to be seen this season.
- Knits – these are in most shapes; fitted to oversize but the design to get your hands on is the classic Argyle print with its distinct diamond motif. Top tip: with classic prints grab your classic bag – top handle handbag please!
- Ruffles and Fluff – maximise the space you occupy with big pleats, ruffles and fluff. I kid you not – remember the pink dress worn by Jodie Comer’s character Villanelle in Killing Eve? She would have been bang on trend this season if she had worn it with a waisted belt. Top tip: co-ordinate your belt with your handbag. But don’t go overboard matching belt, bag and footwear!
- Suiting is softly tailored and to finish the look off opt for a cape not a coat! Carry a handbag, don’t wear a shoulder bag as capes and shoulder bags can be difficult to sit smoothly. Top tip: go large with an oversized tote with short handles.
- Coats are long in length if you’re never going to be seen sporting a cape. A lot are brown or in shades from creamy beige to warm chocolates. Top tip: don’t be afraid of sporting cream bag and boots to go with long brown coats.
- Trousers – can be big or fitted but make sure you have a leather pair. Top tip: match your bag to your statement leather piece in your outfit Try to resist the shoulder bag and contrast with a handbag.
- Pointed shoes and boots – yes, get ready for our toes to learn to sit closer together again after a summer of sandals. You can get away with bright coloured designs on your shoes; expect to see slouchy one colour boots. Top tip: if you can manage to cope with minimal space, opt for the micro sized handbags.
See for yourself – looks straight from the catwalk
With inspiration from Fendi, Jil Sander, Christian Dior to name a few, here are the looks from the some of the AW’19 catwalks that showcase the bag fashions to finish your outfits:
Top handle bags
Micro sized handbags
With the catwalk intel shared above I hope shopping for your winter wardrobe has been made a bit easier. And if you don’t want to blow a big budget, I’ve already spotted some great fashion bags, from designers that won’t break the bank – 10 AW’19 fashion bags ready to peruse…
Keep popping back or sign up today for an alert for when more fashion bags for this season are added to the site.