The designers who sent their male models down the runways for the AW19/20 fashion shows had bags carried at every angle. Whilst the styles have their edge, they are high on function, with lots of pockets. Here’s a top 10 list of this season’s bags. It doesn’t matter if there are corporate days, start up or agency working days, or casual weekends, your bag is no longer an after thought. Your trouser pockets are breathing a sigh of relief that they no longer have to be put to the test! And if you have a man in your life who has everything he can want for, this may be your Christmas gift list of inspiration.
Yes it can be done – a designer bag that rocks the fashion trends for this autumn winter, can be bought for under £300 or $300! This pay day may well mean a handbag treat for you that will see you all the way through to April, bringing you the best value or cost per wear ever. First though, let’s just remind ourselves of some of the key bag trends for AW’19/20:
Something for this weekend is a look at one of the key trends for AW’19 – top handle handle bags. These are the five most fun top handle bags on instagram this week.
The speed guide to the AW’19 fashion bag trends is here and the tip is to focus on two styles that will guarantee you ‘en vogue’ points: go for a top handle bag or a micro bag. Both trends have been sneaking their way on to the designer catwalks but now they are elbowing their way as this season’s dominant styles. And here’s your inspiration for your autumn wardrobe shopping. Sitting comfortably? Here’s my top 10:
And no, I don’t mean Oxford Street and its mile long strip of shops catering for all budgets. Nor do I mean the designer handbag shops on Bond Street, be it on both it’s New and Old ends! Undeniably both these established retail addresses offer lots of choice. But it’s a neighbouring street that really does offer the handbag shopper one of the best experiences.
For those of you who’ve found some extra spending money and want to invest in a designer handbag for this summer, this is the edit you want to check out. Not only does the £500 to £1000 edit gain you access to some big designer brand names, it’s the price bracket that also showcases the new designers coming on to the scene, allowing you to be the first to drop their name!
Today’s something for weekend are the bags spotted on instagram which have got the summer vibe and who isn’t ready for a summer of fun! A summer wardrobe is all about white and accents. And for eye catching accents you can’t go more dramatic than red and black! With just five bags, I’ve got casual and special occasion bags covered. If you’re sitting comfortably, let’s get inspired!
Well hello to the girls who are getting in on the backpack action! Once the domain of the boys heading to and from the office, carrying laptop and gym kit; now as I walk around the city by day I spot more and more girls with their bags on their backs. AND this stands true when I exclude the teenage girls with their Fjällräven packs and the ever popular Longchamp Le Pliage nylon backpacks. Here are 10 different backpack styles.
On what was scheduled to be the first weekend post Brexit, where Britain waved its goodbyes to the rest of Europe, this ‘something for the weekend‘ is a celebration of Europe’s fabulous handbag designers. Despite the political struggles, the joy of the continent’s craftsmanship and quality of materials will always stand out. And in true SFTW style, here are the top finds on instagram this week – the European handbag designers that might not be front mind, but should be for SS19 inspiration.
Workin’ 9 to 5, what a way to make a livin’, so sang Dolly. Most of us have to and will head to an office 5 days a week to earn our living. About 1 in 5 of my friends (only 20%) will change their handbag during the week – the other 80% will carry an old faithful until it requires retiring. Whether you need a new addition or a replacement, feast your eyes on these stylish bags to add that extra bit of style to your work wardrobe.
Thinking of those spring days and summer nights, there are 3 bags that a man needs to invest in, so that he has every occasion sorted. And no, this list doesn’t include a backpack, as I suspect, most men have one of these (and I’ll share the new designers and styles at a later date). For now, we turn our attention to the 3 bag styles that were spotted on the SS’19 men’s fashion runways. Here’s how to stand out from the crowd, be spontaneous so you can grab a bag and go!
March is here and that means that our stores are now full of the fashion for spring and summer. And back by popular demand is the top 10 list of bags that rock the season’s trends, all under £100. For those of you with a fixed budget in mind, I’ve not compromised on quality and have found you the bags that will save you money and keep you on trend.