Yes it can be done – a designer bag that rocks the fashion trends for this autumn winter, can be bought for under £300 or $300! This pay day may well mean a handbag treat for you that will see you all the way through to April, bringing you the best value or cost per wear ever. First though, let’s just remind ourselves of some of the key bag trends for AW’19/20:
- Companion bags – think layering – wear more than one bag at the same time
- Top handle bags – one of the best bags to take you from day to night
- Shoulder bags – it’s a crossbody free zone this season
- Micro sized bags – yep, for those who carry the least – key and credit card?!
I’ve selected two examples for each of the four key trends, with a bonus right at the end. So, if you’re sitting comfortably…
Two bags at a time
Yes layering your bags is a thing this season. On the left:
- the popular brand Staud, provides two compartments for you; the main barrel or baguette in the shoulder bag and an attached glasses case, both in embossed leather. Price £240.
- On the right, from Boyy , the multi-coloured Bobby charm bag has a leather black strap that connects to the green top handle of the bag. You can attach this around another of your bags (as seen here against the model’s white tote). Price £185.
No need to tip out the contents of your bag at the end of the working day before going out out!. Invest in a top handle that will allow you a smooth transition from the office to cocktail bar. These first two bags are top of the class for not being in the default colour for winter, black!
- On the left – I couldn’t resist the Montalcino bag from ATP Atelier, even though it is just over budget. Price £310. Try this camel colour rather than the darker brown bags out there
- On the right – in this season’s popular croc embossed leather, from Kate Spade, the Romy top handle bag. Price £295. Beautiful evergreen will go well against black.
And for those who like to stand out, may I present, on the left:
- From Manu Atelier, the Ladybird leather top handle bag with shoulder strap, price £270. Great if you’re working in quite a conservative corporate environment but the half moon shape keeps it interesting
- On the right, for those who don’t need to worry about conventions, go softer with the suede and a gentle pink, here’s the Liya top handle bag from Coccinelle. Price £270. Think long floaty, maybe floral dress, slouchy boots with a heel and this bag.
Shoulder should haves
Welcome back to the shoulder bag which was last dominant around the 1990s! And don’t be afraid of colour this season, we’re not going back to black! The next two bags are available in lots of different colours.
- On the left, for those who love clean lines and easy access, enjoy the magnetic envelope fold top of the Cassetta Porté Travers from Pourchette in Paris. Discovered at Fenwick department store. Price £145
- On the right, for micro sized days, the quilted leather shoulder bag from Maje is fun and will rock your weekend style. Price £165.
Last but by no means least
When you just can’t decide what style you want…top handle or shoulder bag, you can get both styles in one bag!
- On the left, from Ralph Lauren, the Enfield Mason 20 top handle shoulder bag. Price £200. This brown never goes out of fashion.
- On the right, for the non leather fans, from Teflar you have the vegan top handle shoulder bag, which is available in various colours but this neutral grey will lighten most of your winter wardrobe.
So there you have it, 10 best designer bags for your autumn/winter wardrobe, all for under 300 pounds or dollars. However, if you’re on a budget, don’t forget to check out the 10 fashion bags for AW’19 that are under 100 pounds or dollars.
Don’t forget, don’t go black! Starting colour is brown hues but push yourselves, this is the season to add that colour and one of the easiest ways to do it is through your accessories.
Here’s to your autumn/winter wardrobe!