One sure way to stand out this Spring and Summer is to add a retro accent to your outfit. There’s no better way to do this than using your bag to add that eye catching twist. And whilst there’s a nod to the 90’s in the SS19 list of trends, you can go further back to earlier decades in the 20th century for style ideas. Here are 5 designer bags to inspire your retro vibe.
1. A woven bag is a strong trend for SS19 and this wicker weave box bag from Wicker Wings is handmade here in England. This bag scores top points as it is in one of the season’s neutral colours.
I’m sure Mary Poppins would have one of these bags in her summer wardrobe!
2. If you are going to work the utilitarian trend this SS19, bag a hands free bag. From Florian London here in the UK, this phone bag comes in four colour ways.
Not only does this bag shout ‘take me on a city break’, it works as the ideal bag for an all night rave!
3. The clear PVC bags are here for SS19. However, hot off the AW19 catwalk is this liquid PVC bag from Christopher Kane.
You will need to pre-order to get your hands on one of these colourful beauties.
4. If you have a more formal occasion to attend, you don’t have to compromise and can bag a trend.
Look no further than the structural and beautifully crafted Helix bag from Mlouye.
5. Last but by no means least, a reengineered classic from Valextra, the updated Valextra Series bag.
This can rock your work days when travelling light as well as casual days about town.
There you have it. Don’t compromise on style; add a retro accent to your outfit. Keep your retro bag on trend by rocking a season colour or material.
To keep up to date on the emerging trends and what’s available in the shops and online, sign up for a Bagwhispers email round up on the site today.
Photo credit: thanks to Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash.