My end of year round up of the designer bags that have just gone into the sales not only brings you over 50% savings but also bags that rock one of the key fashion trends for spring and summer 2021. I’ve honed in on three of the trends, to ensure there’s a bag to suit all tastes.
To get a full fashion fix, check out the bags from the SS’21 runways. Now though, come with me and take a stroll through the online shopping world which has been home for many of us in these restricted times, where you can discover designer bag bargains. But before you start scrolling, indulge me with a short summary of SS’21 fashion trends:
- Waistlines – whether bare with cropped tops or accented with a tight belt. Bags are short strap shoulder bags or top handle bags
- Prints – they are bold. The bags can be any shape or size but must also be bright
- Tunics -will be in all colours. The bags are handbags from short handle totes or bucket bags
- Textured textiles – from mesh, frills to embellishment. And reflect the texture in the bag too (less is not more on this occasion)
- Big shoulders and trousers – match the bag to the colour of your outfit. Opt for shoulder bags, handbags and clutches. No crossbody bags here.
So now we’re ready, bargain shopping made easy and all you need to remember is three key trends:
1. Pastel power
Marc Jacobs Softshot 21, now £322; 30% off @Harvey Nichols.
On the left: RED Flower Puzzle bag, now £230; 50% off @Fenwicks. On the right: from Gu_de, Milky leather shoulder bag, now £300; 50% off @Harvey Nichols
The Row, the Bindle mesh shoulder bag, now £362.50; 50% off @netaporter.com.
2. Bright and bold
Aspinal of London, the mini Mayfair leather shoulder bag, now £237; 40% off @Selfridges.
Furla, Sleek Cam shoulder bag in fuoco (or fire) colour, now £125; 50% off @House of Fraser.
Whistles, Martha mini beaded bucket bag in yellow, now £49; 35% off @John Lewis.
Emilio Pucci, Bonita bucket bag, now £428; 55% off @The Outnet.
3. Tone it!
Staud, the Tommy fringed shoulder bag, now £168, 40% off @Harvey Nichols.
BIBA, woven bucket bag, now £55; 65% off @House of Fraser.
Nannacay, Bianca cotton blended tote bag, now £62.50; 50% off @netaporter.com.
Wandler, Ava leather trimmed canvas tote bag, now £427; 30% off @netaporter.com.
So there you have it – a quick guide to the Christmas and New Year handbag online sales. Whilst we stay home to stay safe, so we can be out and about again in spring and summer, I hope you like the shortlist of best buys. No need to surf yourself, just sit back, reach for another sweet treat whilst you ponder on the bag trend for you.
Happy safe shopping!
Photo credit: from the SS’21 runways from Stella McCartney, Jil Sander and Tod’s.