Despite the Winter Olympics dominating the airtime, Spring is starting to feel a little bit closer here in the northern hemisphere. It’s a delight to start the working day with the sun in the sky. The dark starts and ends to a working day are fading. And with covid restrictions lifting, talk of taking holidays and commuting to work is much more common. It feels time then to give a rundown of what styles and bags for men will be adopted by the stylish gents around town. Here’s the guide to men’s fashion and bag trends for spring and summer 2022.
The top fashion magazines have already given their key trends from the runways which were much more in the flesh than on a screen this time. Here are some of the stand out fashion styles:
- casually go for cardigans or college style bomber jackets
- return to work suits that are softer and two piece without pinstripes
- for hot days tunics and long shorts with oversize shirts
- and don’t just go sleevless on holiday but add some cut out sections
- and for party tyime go bright, multi-coloured or metallic
So with the 5 key trends above, how best to carry your essential items?
- Crossbody bags remain a key casual bag
- The mini suitcase style bags are new for this spring and summer season
- Totes are an ideal match for the soft suit tailoring
- But don’t be afraid to embrace the soft shoulder bag
Here are the bags to take the heavy load:
Suit soft tailoring
Tunics, shorts and skorts!
There you have it – straight from the runways, both indoors and out, the bag styles and looks to match. A great year for the man bag – with much more styles to choose from.
Photo credit: Header photo by Néo Rioux from Pexels and fashion shows images from Vogue/GQ.