If you’re shaking off the January blues and ready to embrace spring and summertime, you will want to know where to find the early stocks of fashion bags for the season. Here are the SS19 bags that are new in-store and can be found online, to get ahead of the crowds; 14 eye catching designs to inspire. But first, let’s remind ourselves of the 6 bag styles for SS19 to look out for:
- The single colour hand bags that are bright in colour
- The neutral and tan bags
- Woven and natural fibre bags
- Transparent bags
- Belt bags
- Baguette bags
Single colour bags in SS19 palette
Check out the SS19 colour palette with 12 colours to choose from. However, add in shades of white which are always en vogue in the summer months. Here you have
- white and hibiscus orange/red bags from Mulberry
- chalk white quilted top handle bag from Coach
- in yellow, the leather Eliza barrel shoulder bag at John Lewis (available in other colours too)
Neutral and natural brown bags
The essential addition to your Spring 19 wardrobe is a neutral bag; in tones from creamy beige to natural brown bags. New arrivals can be spotted in
- Marks & Spencer – a circle crossbody bag with bracelet handle
- Zara – spotted instore, a neutral suede top handle and crossbody bag
Woven and natural fibre bags
Think straw and raffia bags which can be hand held or worn crossbody. The designers are all over this trend (with lots of cheaper options in the likes of Mango and Zara). Check out these designer options:
- Benchley rattan bag from Mark Cross
- La Minaudiére leather and raffia box bag from Perrin Paris
See through, vinyl or PVC bags began to emerge last year and they are set to be a key trend this summer. These bargain bags are already available to buy
- From Marks & Spencer, a transparent tote but with inner bag to provide some privacy
- From Zara, vinyl crossbody bag with tortoiseshell circle hand detail
Not just for the weekend festival, the belt bag is an essential element of your street style look this SS19. Here are the early birds in the shops to choose from:
- In the neutral palette, from Whistles, the Bibi, available at John Lewis
- From the designer corner, the asymmetrial bum bag from Alexander McQueen at Selfridges
A bag style that was loved in the 1990s is back. The short handle to wear over the shoulder with a longer in length than height purse, sits nicely under the arm, meaning hands free days and nights.
- The designer who is all over this style is Fendi with lots of colours and embellishment options available to pre-order
- New in at Mango, the scarf bag. A bag that will definitely catch the eye if you accent well.
Each day now the stores and websites are increasing their stocks of SS19 fashion bags. Good news, whatever your budget, you will be able to rock one of the 6 fashion trends.
Enjoy perusing. Coming later this month, the top bags for the season by budget. Back by popular demand is the favourite edit under £100 (everyone loves a bargain), with edits up to £5000, making shopping for the next season’s bags ‘easy as’.
In the meantime, keep up to date with the SS19 collections as they emerge by popping by