Are you getting ready to go to college or university next month? If so, the shopping list is probably quite long whether you are staying on campus or in shared accommodation, and the fashion bag or bags you want in your wardrobe for the academic year are far from the top of the priority list. To help you find the bag in quick time, here’s your inspiration of top 10 bags for student days.
Whether you’re doing a food shop, carrying a laptop or books around campus, going to the gym of you just hate backpacks, here are the tote bag alternatives:
- When it comes to iconic symbols and designs, it’s hard to beat I ♥ New York and thanks to Kate Spade you don’t have to wait for travel borders to lift and get to the Big Apple, to get your hands on this beauty. Price $398.
- From Fablou where it’s not about leather, but sustainable materials, the City tote bag in Malibu blue is made from silicone with a faux leather trim. It can hold a 1.5L water bottle as well as 15″ laptop. There are lots of colours and this light blue is in the sale, reduced from £129 to £75.90. Keep the summer vibe going!
- From Zara, this list’s bargain bag option, is a cotton tote bag with handles to carry over the shoulder. Don’t be put off by the white colour as you can chuck this in the washing machine. This is the chuck it all in bag! Price £14.99.
Going out out!
Whether it’s a day or evening out, here are the smaller bags to carry the essentials of phone, keys, student ID and maybe a lipstick or concealer.
- Invest in a neutral colour to work all outfits, rain or shine. And from Whistles the Bibi crossbody bag is the best bag option if you want as much space for square inch in a small bag. Check out the fold over front pocket on the front as well as the deep main section. Price £129
- For when you want to be more organised, opt for a camera bag with two slimmer pockets. Ted Baker‘s camera bag is in a lovely warm colour to take you through the autumn/fall winter months, will work with most outfits, and comes with a thick webbed strap or thinner leather strap. Price £130.
- And for a night out, when you don’t want any crossbody straps messing with your outfit, opt for a slim baguette bag. Yes, Fendi is the designer option for baguette bags, but head to Mango for an affordable option. How about a chain embroidered bag? This evening bag is only £19.99.
The Return of the Back
Sometimes life is so much easier when you are hands free. If you love a backpack but have outgrown your Fjallraven Kanken backpack, here are three options that might float you in and around campus!
- The Kita 2 in 1 leather backpack won’t be for everyone; it’s a bit of deluxe option and priced at £329. But the gang down at All Saints know what they are doing. With a top handle, you can throw the Kita bag over your shoulder if you don’t fancy the backpack option all the time. It has zip top and zip side access.
- If it’s a no-nonsense bag, and clean lines, with a classic note, the Herschel Supply Co‘s City Backpack is the easy choice. Comes in loads of colours, and don’t let the slim lines put you off. This backpack can hold the study utensils (laptop and books) as easily as the kit for the gym. Made from 100% recycled fabrics. Price £65.00 (for mid volume size as pictured here).
- And if you like a print and want your backpack to stand out, Ted Baker‘s Quiltoe backpack is the one for you. To note, this is a fashion backpack; it’s unlikely to give you a 100% handsfree experience, as this is the smallest of the backpack options in this list but undeniably eye catching Price £95.
Get your wheels on!
This top 10 list of bags for college or university days hasn’t forgotten the times when you need to return home at term break or a weekend at home for a touch of comfort (if only to bring home some washing and enjoy a home cooked roast dinner)! This weekend bag option is like the SUV of bags; it can handle all sorts of terrain to get home. The North Face Rolling Thunder 22″ travel bag has a sturdy handle, strong wheels and when it’s empty can be flattened to store under a bed. Price £165 (currently reduced from £230)!
That’s all folks! Here’s to the first term and happy studying! And don’t forget if you’re a student, check out the discounts. There are lots of websites offering discounts to choose from out there.
And if you need more inspiration on this season’s fashion check out
AW 2021 trends – what to wear this forthcoming season
Photo credit to Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels.